Saturday, February 19, 2011

Play Time

As Jack has grown and developed, he has become increasingly interested in "play time."  He has always enjoyed playing on his Baby Einstein play mat, but these days he is getting more mobile and the play mat isn't quite enough for our baby boy...who I'm afraid is going to be a very busy boy!  Jack can army crawl around and he can is quite the little scooter.  He can scoot himself to get to any toy he wants, he loves to roll back and forth from his back to his tummy and tummy to back, but he definitely prefers being on his tummy.  Lately he's been getting on all fours in a crawl position and rocking his body back and forth.  I think that crawling is on the horizon, but I'm hoping it's still a month or two away because I think once he can crawl, he'll be into everything!  Once Jack has mastered a new skill, it's all he wants to do.  Once he figured out how to roll, he couldn't be contained...once he found his feet, he can't keep his toes out of his mouth...once he figured out how to grab what he wants, he is grabbing everything (and subsequently putting it in his mouth).  You get get idea.  Once this kiddo figures out how to crawl, we will have a real mover on our hands over here! 

Not only does Jack enjoy playing more and more, but he's showing me that he's an independent little guy.  He's so happy playing by himself and doesn't really prefer to be held all the time.  Sometimes while he's playing with his toys, he looks around for me and smiles and laughs, but he's quite content exploring the world around him without being entertained by someone.  During Jack's play times, I've been doing some "playing" myself...we have an amazing camera (thanks to Gigi and Pops!), and Garrett's been helping me learn how to use it better.  I've started playing around with the camera while Jack plays on the floor and I've gotten some great pics of the little guy....I'm not good at narrowing down, but these are some of my favorites...


Look at those little teeth!  I think there are more on the way...

He loves his little piano that lights up and makes music.  Maybe he'll be musical like his daddy!

Trying to figure out how to crawl...

Just thinking...definitely not posed!

My little angel

Cutest smile ever!

BIG smile and big laugh...mommy's so funny!

Scooting around

 What a yummy little link!  EVERYTHING is in his mouth these days!

No comments:

Post a Comment